8 Date ideas for Iwakuni
Iwakuni, Japan has many great date ideas that you and your partner can enjoy. Here are some suggestions:
1. Visit Kintaikyo Bridge: Take a stroll across the iconic Kintaikyo Bridge, a wooden bridge that spans the Nishiki River. The bridge is a famous landmark in Iwakuni and is a great place to people watch and take photos together. Bounus points if you visit multiple times a year because aesthetics change seasonally.
2. Explore Iwakuni Castle: Take a trip to Iwakuni Castle, which is located atop a hill overlooking the city (you can even pay a small fee and look through the spy glass for a better veiw). The castle was built in the early 1600s, has a musume layout inside, and is a great place to take in the views of the surrounding areas.
3. Visit Kikko Park: Take a romantic stroll through Kikko Park, a beautiful park that features a large pond, cherry blossom trees, and a variety of walking paths. The park is especially beautiful during the spring sakura (cherry blossom) season and the fall momiji season. And even though there is a lot to see the park feels very peaceful.
5. Practice Japanese:
Consider visiting PLAT ABC Eigokoryu Center (language exchange center)! You'll experience a welcoming environment for language learners to practice their skills with native speakers, and it's a great way to improve your communication skills while experiencing a different culture. An added perk is that they serve great coffee and donuts! Also don't worry if you are shy, the staff are kind and help create a positive environmet. Learned together is a great way to connect!
6. Visit the Iwakuni Art Museum: If you and your partner are interested in art, visit the Iwakuni Art Museum, which features a variety of contemporary Japanese art.
7. Take a day trip to Hiroshima: If you have more time, consider taking a day trip to Hiroshima, which is approximately an hour and a half away from Iwakuni. Hiroshima is home to many historical sites and landmarks, including the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Museum. But for Dates I would recommend visiting Miyajima which is a great place to spend the day together. For information flow this link 🔗https://www.ikigaitravelers.com/post/reasons-to-visit-miyajima.
8. Take a Train Ride on the Tokotoko Train:
The Tokotoko train is a sightseeing train that runs on the JR Sanyo Line in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan. The Tokotoko train is a popular attraction for tourists visiting Iwakuni and it cozy interior makes it a perfect date location.
As always safe travels 🧳